Looking forward to a long weekend
Yesterday was Thursday but I was playing Rebecca Black’s song “Friday” in my head because that’s what it was for me. FRIDAY. My company closed our office today so I get a four-day weekend, and let me tell you something, I need it.
Yes, it’s officially my Memorial Day weekend and I will be staycationing it in Chicago because, well I have to save money to travel again. And after a crazy two week trip, I’m ready to lay low.
So what do I have planned for a four-day weekend since I’m not leaving Chicago? Well, not much actually and I couldn’t be more excited. But, since I’m a planner, I do have a few things I want to get done:
- First mani/pedi of the season. This is a MUST!
- Hit up the Nordstrom Women’s Sale (yes, I have a list of what I need to get)
- See the movie, “Something Borrowed” (even though I know it will be bad)
- Visit the Chicago French Market (oh la la!)
- Grocery shop (naturally)
- Get some good BBQ (pulled pork get in mah belly)
- Maybe do one of the Chicago Architecture Boat tours (but it has to be warmer than 40 degrees out during the day)
- Keep catching up with friends
So nothing too strenuous but lots of things to look forward to. That sounds like exactly what I need. But I’m definitely excited about that mani/pedi, my cuticles are a total mess.
Anyhow, I hope you all have a safe and happy, Memorial Day weekend! Are you doing anything fun?